- Strain and bioprocess improvement of a thermophilic anaerobe for the production of ethanol from wood. Biotechnol Biofuels. 2016.
Fuel cell technology
- Tunable metallic-like conductivity in microbial nanowire networks. Nature Nanotechnology. 2011.
- Anode biofilm transcriptomics reveals outer surface components essential for high density current production in Geobacter sulfurreducens fuel cells. PLoS ONE. 2009.
- Graphite electrode as a sole electron donor for reductive dechlorination of tetrachlorethene by Geobacter lovleyi. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2008.
- Power output and columbic efficiencies from biofilms of Geobacter sulfurreducens comparable to mixed community microbial fuel cells. Environ Microbiol. 2008.
- Electricity generation by Geobacter sulfurreducens attached to gold electrodes. Langmuir. 2008.
- Subsurface clade of Geobacteraceae that predominates in a diversity of Fe(III)-reducing subsurface environments. ISME J. 2007.
- This research covers coastal sage scrub habitat restoration and endangered species surveys in southern California . The work is unpublished in accordance with U.S. government confidentiality guidelines which applied to my role as a contractor, but titles can be provided on request.